Return to From is proud to be partnered with Pinc Pilates and Steel Pilates.
Pinc Pilates and Steel Pilates are dedicated one on one physiotherapist lead programmes designed to improve the strength, quality of life and sense of wellbeing of women & men diagnosed with cancer.
The Pilates Pinc & Steel programmes have been specifically designed to inspire and encourage women & men diagnosed with cancer to regain their physical strength, and endurance and incorporate exercise into their lifestyle.
Research shows that exercise therapy is a very important component in recovery from a cancer diagnosis and the effects of its treatment. Both the surgery and chemotherapy cause extreme de-conditioning and fatigue, and exercise helps to correct both of these debilitating problems. More importantly exercise has also been shown to significantly improve longevity in cancer survivors.
The programmes provide a full range of services designed to look after men/women who are recovering from cancer surgery or cancer treatments. The course is individually designed and delivered incorporating Pilates, physiotherapy, massage, breathing techniques, fatigue management and exercise prescription. We believe that this therapeutic combination addresses both the physical and emotional side effects of cancer.
All services are provided by fully trained and experienced physiotherapists with specialist training in cancer rehabilitation. Our team of Physiotherapists provide support, motivation and encouragement, while offering the best care and professional advice.
PINC Pilates Benefits:
- Regain strength, flexibility and confidence in their body,
- Improve core strength and posture,
- Ease pain and muscular tension,
- Minimize weight gain and improve bone density
- Learn new exercises to enhance their recovery after surgery and prevent long term problems
- Increase energy levels during and after cancer treatments
- Achieve their own fitness goals with an individualised, safe training programme
- Gain a sense of control and boost the spirit
STEEL Pilates Benefits
- Regain muscular strength and endurance
- Enhance energy levels during and after cancer treatments
- Re-strengthen muscles of the trunk and improve posture
- Ease pain and muscular tension
- Assist in weight control and help improve bone density
- Improve sleep and reduce fatigue
- Enhance mood and reduce anxiety
- Refocus energy from illness to wellness
For more information call us on 09 551 4460