Mindfulness is a meditation technique that aims at focusing the mind on the present moment. It is an effective treatment for many physical and mental conditions such as anxiety, chronic pain and depression. What are the benefits of mindfulness and how do you do it?
Benefits of mindfulness
- Decreased stress and psychological distress.
- Enhance mental health and functioning.
- Improve physical performances.
- Helps concentration.
- Increase emotion regulation and self-control.
- Decreased anxiety, depression, worry and rumination.
- Enhance a sense of calm and well-being.
- Improve connections with others.
- Mindful breathing – Standing up or sitting down, anywhere at any time. Be still and focus on your breath for just one minute.
- Mindful observation – Notice and appreciate simple elements of your environment in a more profound way. Connect with the beauty of the natural environment surrounding you.
- Mindful awareness – Cultivate a heightened awareness and appreciation of simple daily tasks and the results they achieve.
- Mindful listening – open your ears to sound in a non-judgmental way. Train your mind to be less swayed by the influence of past experiences and preconception.
- Mindful immersion – cultivate contentment in the moment. Rather than wanting to finish an everyday routine task in order to get on with doing something else, experience it fully like never before.
- Mindful appreciation – Notice five things in your day that usually go unappreciated.
Mindfulness at Return To Form
At Return To Form we seek to bring mindfulness to all areas of our client’s life in order to promote well-being and optimal health. As part of our mission, we offer several different therapies. Our treatments focus on improving your overall wellness in order to improve your health. We use physiotherapy, acupuncture, pilates, massage and personal training, along with other methods to help you reach a joyful and balanced life.
Book an appointment now!